Raise the driving age
Free essay: driving age should not be raised vroom, vroom the first time behind the wheel alone--exciting, nerve-racking, free no parents or instructors. For many years now, the debate has raged on about whether to raise the driving age from 16 to 18 there are a number of studies that show how susceptible 16 and. [editor's note: after this column, rafe mair is taking a well-earned holiday and will be back september 10] as a general rule i place the musings of insurance company's right up there with pinocchio when his nose was longest especially i have little if any regard for the musings of allstate with. Final exam speech (why increasing the minimum driving age to 21 is necessary)_akhil indur - duration: 5:28 akhil indur 614 views. It’s a controversial debate that has been receiving more discussion in recent years: should the legal driving age be raised from 16 to 17 or 18. Keeping teens safe is the primary argument for raising the driving age according to the insurance institute for highway safety, the fatal crash rate per mile driven is nearly twice as high for 16-17 year-olds as it is for 18-19 year-olds. The driving age should be raised to a higher age for safety reasons the reason i say this is because teens text and drive and put themselves and other people in danger. Should we raise the driving age (pros and cons) should the driving age be raised to 18 cons it's hard enough already for teens to get around age.
How can the answer be improved. Researchers for the insurance institute for highway safety say the answer is no, and they point to statistics to back up the position that raising the driving age makes sense and would save lives. The minimum driving age must be raised from 17 to 18 to stop young people killing themselves and others, mps have said the commons transport committee also wants learner drivers to spread lessons over a year before taking the test and a complete alcohol ban for new drivers. The big debate as to whether the legal driving age should be raised to eighteen is an ongoing issue there are both arguments for and against this matter. In the united states, the legal driving age in most states is 16 years teenagers are always eager to anxious to reach this age so that they can join those on the road adults, on the other hand are, more often than not, infuriated by the idea of having 16 year old teenagers driving. Taking aim at a longstanding rite of passage for 16-year-olds, an influential auto safety group is calling on states to raise the age for getting a driver's license to 17 or even 18.
The driving age really needs to be raised to 21, i don't see what the rush is, giving a 16 year old a drivers licence and a car is like a death sentencei remember my dad telling me not to rush to get a car as it could become my coffin and i didn't understand til i got older, it is true. A new study says the number of teen drivers dying behind the wheel is up for the first time in 10 years.
Some say that the driving age should be raised from 16 to 18, an age when teens (dann tardif, blend images. States urged to raise the driving age an influential auto safety group is calling on states to raise the age for getting a driver's license to 17 or. A highway safety group is asking florida and other states to raise the legal driving age from 16 to 18 car wrecks are the leading cause of death among teenagers, but the idea of changing the driving age isn’t getting support from the governor.
Of course, it’s all about “safety” lund — a professional nag who heads an organization of nags — says that teenage drivers are a menace to themselves and others and wants to use the billy stick of the federal government (via withheld highway funds) to compel states to raise their legal driving age — just as the billy stick of federal money was. Raising the driving age to 18 changing the driving age is unreasonable i think i am not saying that there is good in changing it i am just saying that it.
Raise the driving age
They need to put down the darn cell phones, this will help more than raising the min driving age or even increase driving time raising min age doesn't always help with maturity look at the binge drinking at college. The insurance institute for highway safety probably is right in saying the roads would be safer if the age for getting a driver's license were raised to 17 or 18 but, for a variety of reasons, we doubt that will happen anytime soon, if ever the roads almost certainly would be safer without 15- and. Like countless 16-year-olds before and after me, i absolutely, positively, could not wait to finally get my driver's license.
- Raising the minimum driving age 3 pages 625 words february 2015 saved essays save your essays here so you can locate them quickly topics in this paper.
- I strongly encourage you to change the driving age to eighteen for three important reasons eighteen year olds will be more responsible, mature, and educated to be driving on the roads than sixteen year olds also most eighteen year olds will have a job and probably be able to pay their own insurance and gas bills.
- But the case for raising the driving age rests on far more than one mother's grief look at the cold statistics men aged 17 to 20 account for just three per cent of the country's drivers - but 33 per cent of convictions for dangerous driving they are also almost ten times more likely to be killed than more experienced drivers - and five times more.
- The failure of states to raise the minimum driving age flies in the face of the relevant studies and statistics in 2009, more than 5,600 people were killed in crashes involving drivers ages 15-20 in fact, 15-20 year olds have the highest fatality rate of.
- The driving age must be raised to 18 to cut road deaths, mps will say on thursday in a study of young drivers, they also recommend that a 'zero alcohol' drink-drive limit is introduced for the first year after a motorist passes their test in addition, there should a minimum 12-month period before a learner can take a test and drive unaccompanied.
By jessica weaver 16-year-old eric wilcox had his whole life planned out he was so excited for senior year, but before he got there, the michigan teen experienced a tragic event that permanently shattered his and many other lives eric and his friend were driving on their way to another friend’s house when he tried. The cons of raising the driving age 1 no experience is gained by not getting to drive if inexperience is the cause of many accidents, then raising the driving age to 18 or 25 or even 40 won’t change that fact teens have to get experience somehow and the only place to do that is behind the wheel 2 it puts additional pressure on parents. So we raise the driving age to 18 and then there will be more 18 and 19 year olds getting into acciendents than 16 and 17 year olds boys brains develop a little. The legal driving age in the united states is just 15 years old (permit drivers) is this too young should we raise the driving age.